Saturday, April 18, 2009

April Fool!

H1 has been plotting, planning, and salivating for nearly 18 years to pull a really good april fool on dear old Mom. She came pretty darn close this year! After Taekwondo class, on Wed. April 1, we all climbed into the van to drive home. Cami spotted a small paper tucked into the windshield wiper...."What's this Mom?"...opens the door and fishes it off the window. "It looks like a......a parking ticket??" Cami was genuinely puzzled. My first internal reaction was "shoot - thats all I need", followed by "What the?????" as I looked around the *public* parking lot. "This makes no sense!....gimme that!" My brain still hadn't registered the stifled giggles coming from the backseat. So Cami showed me this:


I start reading: "Ticket....blah blah blah...violation..Car was carrying too many empty soda cans...." oooooookaaaaaay.......uh huh......sure......(the backseat laughter is *ON* the radar)...."Happy April Fools Day!!!" I looked back at Kendra, who was giggling like a maniac. "Too many empty soda cups?? thats the best you could come up with??" "Well, you know Mom, I had to put *something*....". So she had come across this gag online, and felt compelled to try it out. Heh heh. Oh, and Mark's reaction to the "too many empty soda cups?" ....."You do deserve a ticket for that!"

The evidence

Thanks honey.....

No comments:

Post a Comment