Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just Thankful....



Ahhh the memories! My kids loved Veggie Tales growing up.  It was just their kind of hooligan silliness.  I happened upon an old video a couple days ago of Ben playing the Thankful song and it just won't leave my brain. Which is a GOOD thing! So, in honor of being thankful.....


                                   The Thankful Song from Veggie Tales

                                                            I thank God for this day



                                                               For the sun in the sky



                                                           For my mom and my dad



                                                      For my piece of apple pie
                                             (well, not exactly, but good enough...)



                                                       For our home on the ground



                                                    For His love that's all around. 
                                               That's why I say thanks everyday.



                                            Because a thankful heart is a happy heart



                                       I'm glad for what I have, thats an easy way to start



                                                          For the love that He shares



                                                    'Cause He listens to my prayers
                                                               (even little ones)

 That's why I say thanks every day.

(he was doodling by ear & realized I was taping him)



(the whole song)

No comments:

Post a Comment