Saturday, July 7, 2012

Freezer bins and cracked heads.....

I measured my freezer shelves yesterday in an attempt to impose order in one more small corner of hooligan-dom. Determined to not end up with miscellaneous languishing foodstuffs at the back of my shiny new freezer, I trekked over to Target hoping to find shallow bins of appropriate size to fit on my shelves, and I am downright delighted at the results. Sadly, hooligan offspring just do not understand the joys of such things as rubbermaid, so I've had to enjoy this one on my own. Fortunately they DO understand the joys of frozen food, and unlimited quantities of ice! It's positively miraculous after so many years of *mostly* frozen food, and forgetting to fill ice trays. Non mushy ice cream is quite the novelty, and in a please-don't-squeeze-the-charmin moment, H2 caught me at the freezer, lid off the ice cream container, poking the top of the ice cream in amazement. "Mom, are you eating ice cream!?" "No, I'm just feeling it." She gave me that look that says "My mother is totally out of her gourd" and threatened immediate facebook humiliation. And speaking of cracked heads, our poor van is still languishing in San Diego waiting for a new engine. We're thankful for a mechanic down there that will take the time to wait for one thats "not junk" as he put it. Meanwhile, I'm on extra taxi duty with the civic. I am convinced God wanted me to have a new refrigerator this summer, because we were only vaguely thinking about replacing it (being used to semi-frozen food by this time), and it was a rather spontaneous purchase for us. I mean.....we'd only lived with a half broken refrigerator for 4 or 5 years after all. The car engine frying earlier in the summer would most likely have squelched any refrigerator buying spontenaeity. So I completely blame God for my refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment