Thursday, December 4, 2008

Counting down to Christmas: Dec week 1

Life is back in full swing after Thanksgiving! The mega-potato leftovers were rapidly consumed by the hooligan potato vultures. I (personally) took responsability for consuming the leftover green bean casserole, being the only one who truly appreciates onions in my family. Wait, take that back....Kendra did try a bite and liked it. Hmmm......does this mean I'll have to *share * my leftovers in the future?? Perish the thought!!

Enough about food. Monday night was the "wear your costume-costume check" night for Music Man Rehearsal. Oh. My. Goodness. All the darling little girls in their frilly dresses, and the boys in their knickers and suspenders. Especially the boys.......is this not too cute??



I'm telling you, I just wanted to go around pinching all their (cuuute widdle) cheeks . This is Ben and Bryan Johnson looking dapper. Actually, its a little surreal seeing all the boys looking so.....nice! Kind of unnatural. So, you want to see unnatural......get a look at *this* picture!

Now in the pic above this one, H3 looks kind of cool. We took this one before we went out the door, and everytime I look at it, the sheer geekiness of it overwhelms me! The slicked hair....the bulging eyes....the plastic smile.....its....its....unnatural, thats what it is. But cute (awww).

Speaking of unnatural, in this era of tight t-shirts and low slung blue jeans (not on my girls, but you know what I mean...), it was a femininity-fest.......behold!

I can't remember the name of the girl on the far left, but then we have Sarah J., Kendra, Micayla J, and Cami. Aren't they beautiful? I think so. Thus, as you can see, Music Man marches on...performances are end of Jan. The kids are having a blast.


Here's a bit more normal picture of Ben. He's wearing his fuzzy warm ultra cool Old Navy fleece that I got on Black Friday for a steal of a deal (actually I got 2 they were such a good deal!).

I think this was Tues morning. Ben is generally cold in the morning, so he was glad to be wearing it. Here he is indulging in his new obsession - "Scratch," on the computer.

Scratch is an easy programming language (sorta like LOGO, only more updated looking) that the good folks at MIT recently created, and Ben is having a great time working his way through the tutorial. You can find it here: http://scratch.mit.edu/ , and the tutorial he is using is here:
http://learnscratch.org/ . I've been coerced into putting it on his schoolwork list, due to its educational value, but then, I'm occasionally a pushover. He loves having things on his list like this that he "has" to do (yeah right)....as in "But Moooom, I can't do math right now, I have to do Scratch!"

Tuesday night Mark and I attended his annual office party/gift exchange. It was a nice time to get away without kids, chat with adults, and eat a good meal. We scored in the gift exchange by coming home with the new Narnia movie! Only 1 person tried to steal it from us, but I did an end run move, and "stole" Mark's gift so he could steal the movie back. Heh heh (all's fair in love and war). Also, our name was picked from the hat to take home one of the centerpieces. Ain't it pretty?



Last but not least, today I started making my favorite ultra-easy holiday carmel/turtle thingies. Yuuummmm. These are totally addictive. Bewaaaaaare.


and SO easy: 3 ingredients......

For this year's batch, I picked up the holiday pretzels at Sams club, but regular mini sized pretzels are what I usually use. The bag of pecans looks like it says " I can halves". I keep doing a double take every time I look at this picture. Anyway, all you do is lay a bunch of pretzels out on a foil lined sheet. Place a yummy rolo on top of each one. Pop into a just warm oven for about 5 minutes until the rolos are glistening and gooey looking. Take the sheet out and squish each rolo down with a pecan half. Put the sheet of pretzel/rolo/pecan things in the fridge until the chocolate hardens up. Then try not to eat all of them at one sitting. By the way, the one candy in the first picture that has another pretzel on it instead of a pecan is Ben's. He begged me to make one without nuts for him. And then never ate it. Phooey on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment